The Building Process for Your New Custom Home
With Martin Signature Homes at your side, creating a beautiful new custom home for your family is an adventure you’ll remember as long as you live in your home. Whether you choose us to serve as your general contractor, or (if you live in Louisiana or Texas) you choose our innovative “Owner Builder” program, the experts of Martin Signature Homes will guide you through the process of building your dream home.
Here are the basic steps we’ll take together to go from the vision you have of your dream home, to a beautifully finished property.
- Design and Engineering – It all starts on paper. You can choose your own residential architect or employ one that we recommend. The plans created will serve as the “road map” to help us successfully travel through the construction process.
- Permitting – We can handle the permitting process with local officials, ensuring that all the required paperwork is filed properly and permissions obtained. If the home you are building will be your primary residence, and is located in Louisiana, the State of Louisiana allows you pull your own building permits under our “Owner Builder” program.
- Financing and Payment – Martin Signature Homes’ proprietary financial group works with a number of national financial institutions that are familiar with the process and financing needs of a home under construction.
- Subcontractors – We work with a pre-screened, trusted cadre of carefully selected and screened subcontractors who have proven experience and expertise. This group includes site preparation companies, concrete experts, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, roofers, drywall installers, masons and landscapers. Each is guaranteed to be licensed in their trade and with full liability and workers’ compensation insurance. We only work with the best subcontractors for your particular project and schedule, ensure the ultimate in craftsmanship for all aspects of your project.
- Materials Selection – Choosing the building materials and products used in the construction of your new home is an important part of the building process. We’ll work with you to help make sure you get the look and style you want, both inside and outside your new home.
- Project Scheduling – We know you are eager to move into your new home! So we’ll develop a practical project schedule that takes into account weather conditions, subcontractor availability, and other factors that affect timing. This will result in a “construction calendar” that includes benchmarks and deadlines to help keep the project on time and on budget.
- Insurance – While Martin Signature Homes and all subcontractors are covered by their own insurance, we recommend that participants in our Owner Builder program carry their own builder’s risk insurance coverage against accidents, injuries and other potential incidents during construction.
- Inspection and Turnover – Once construction and finishing is complete we’ll conduct a complete walkthrough and “punch list” inspection to make any final corrections. Once you are satisfied and the home receives an occupancy permit, you are ready to move into your beautiful new custom home.
- Warranty – We guarantee your new home for a full year after completion. If there is any problem with a part of the construction we’ll be there to fix or replace it. We want you to relax and fully enjoy your custom home!
Take Advantage of the Experience of the Top Home Builders in Shreveport LA
Become your own general contractor with the help of Martin Signature Homes, the most trusted home builders in Haughton LA and across the Bayou State. We make it easy to get the home you want while enjoying significant savings on building costs. Contact Martin Signature Homes today by completing our convenient online request form to schedule a meeting.